Junior Police Academy & Teen CSI
Junior Police Academy for grades 6 to 8
This is a free, week-long academy hosted by the Littleton Police Department (LPD). Classes are held at Mission Hills Church, Room M12, 620 SouthPark Drive in Littleton. For students entering grades 6-8 in the fall. The event is limited to 33 participants. The 2023 Junior Police Academy will be the week of June 26 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. each day. Registration for the academy is now open. For questions, contact Officer Jim Hanna at 303-419-8040.
Each session includes:
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Arrest Control Techniques
- Firearm Safety
- SWAT Tactics
- Building Search Techniques
- K-9 Demonstration
- DUI Simulation Course
Students must register by June 19, 2023.
Jr. Police Academy registration
Teen CSI for grades 9 to 12
Join the members of the Littleton Police Department (LPD) as you explore the science of solving crime and put knowledge to the test in hands-on activities. Participants will learn about fingerprint, shoe-print, and blood stain analysis; crime scene diagramming and photography; computer crimes; and more.
The 2023 Teen C.S.I Program will be run from August 1-3, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.The program is held at the Littleton Center, 2255 W. Berry Avenue in Littleton. For questions, contact Lpdevidence@litteltongov.org or 303-795-3881.
- Students must be registered by June 30, 2023.
- For students entering grades 9-12 in the fall.
Teen CSI Program Registration
Residents of the City of Littleton and/or Littleton Public Schools will be given first priority. Non-residents may attend as space allows. Please assure attendance for all three days prior to registration.
- Participants will be doing hands-on activities, indoors and outdoors. Dress appropriately.
- Lunch will be provided all three days.
- Alert LPD of any allergies to food or animals (animal blood will be used in certain activities).
- Alert LPD of any medical issues.
- Participants in the CSI program will be charged a $25 deposit, which will be refunded at the conclusion of the program.
- A graduation ceremony will be held on August 3, at 2 p.m. Parents are invited to attend the final presentations on August 3 before graduation (time to be determined).
- Respect instructors, peers, the space, and materials provided.
- Disruptive and/or inappropriate behavior may result in dismissal from the program.
- Participants are expected to attend all three days of the program.
- If dismissed from the program for any reason, the program deposit may not be returned.