Littleton Police History
Littleton Police Department photo by John Grissinger
Littleton City Manager Carl Bryan (center) takes delivery of a new police car from Burt Chevrolet General Manager Bob Fisher (left). Policewoman Thelma Mason and Sergeant Carl Paulsen both watch from the background, along with Chief of Police Charles "Chuck" Drake (right). Parked in front of the Town Hall and Police Station on Main Street, the new car is a gray, 1960, Chevrolet Biscayne. Police emblems soon adorned the car and it was equipped with a police radio and a combination red light/siren on the roof. The Town's first police car was a black, 1946, Ford Deluxe, purchased in 1946 for $1,126, from Harry Groussman Ford in Englewood. (Bob Fisher later founded the Fisher Chevrolet auto dealership that still operates today in Boulder, Colorado).