Sex Offender Registration Procedure
Littleton sex offender registrations are conducted by appointment only. Appointments are made Tuesday and Thursday 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 3 p.m., excluding holidays.
You must bring a driver license, state ID card, or other form of government issued, picture ID. Payment for the registration fee is required at the time of registration. Payment may be made with cash only.
Links are provided below for the required documentation if you would like to bring the forms with you to your appointment. To make an appointment, or if you need assistance or have questions, call the Littleton Sex Offender Registrars at 303-795-3890, option #1 or email SOR@littletongov.org.
Colorado Sex Offender Registration Form(PDF, 192KB)
Colorado Notice to Register as a Sex Offender(PDF, 159KB)
IMPORTANT: Penalties for failure to comply with mandatory sex offender registration are substantial. In most cases, violation of the registration requirement constitutes a separate offense.
Sex offenders, as defined in C.R.S. 18-3-414.5, and 16-22-101 to 16-22-115 Sex Offender Registration Act, are required to register with the Littleton Police Department
- within five (5) business days after release from incarceration, or
- after receiving Notice of Duty to Register, or
- becoming a temporary or permanent resident, or
- each time the person changes their temporary or permanent address
and annually or quarterly thereafter if the person resides in the City of Littleton. It is the policy of the Littleton Police Department to register, photograph, and fingerprint all persons required to register as a sex offender under C.R.S. 16-22-101 to 16-22-115, and to maintain a current list of registered sex offenders.
Each person shall register by appointment to come in and complete the Colorado Sex Offender Registration form at Littleton Police Investigations, 2nd Floor, 2255 W. Berry Avenue, Littleton CO 80120 on the following days and times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 1 - 3 p.m.
Sex Offender registration fees:
- New registration - $75 (offenders who have never been registered with Littleton or previously de-registered and are returning to Littleton)
- Quarterly and yearly re-registrations - $25
- Address changes - no charge
- De-registrations - no charge
- Vehicle, job and phone number updates - no charge
Re-registration is required whenever the offender:
- On their quarterly or annual registration date pursuant to Article 22 of Title 16 or 16-22-108;
- Changes address;
- Legally changes their name;
- Establishes an additional residence in another jurisdiction or an additional residence in the same jurisdiction.
- Becomes employed or changes employment or employment location, if employed at an institution of post-secondary education.
- Becomes enrolled or changes enrollment in an institution of postsecondary education, or changes the location of enrollment or;
- Becomes a volunteer or changes the volunteer work location, if volunteering at an institution of postsecondary education;
- Changes his or her e-mail address, instant-messaging identity, or chat room identity. The person shall register the e-mail address, instant-messaging identity, or chat room identity prior to using it;
- If you stay at a residence for more than 14 days in a 30-day period, it has become your residence and must be reported.
- Ceases to lack a fixed residence and establishes a residence;
- Ceases to reside at an address and lacks a fixed residence; considered transient.
If you are transient, (lacking a fixed residence), the area where you are staying must be reported. If you have a residence, you cannot register as Lacking a Fixed Residence. See 16-22 C.R.S. for further requirements.
If you are a "temporary resident," a resident of another state but in Colorado for employment, enrolled in any type of educational institution, vacation, travel, retirement or any other reason for more than 14 consecutive business days or for an aggregate period of more than 30 days in a calendar year, you must register.
If you are unable to pay the fee at the time you register, you may apply for a 30-day extension for the payment of the fee. However, you must still complete your sex offender registration by the required date.
- Instructions and forms for the Petition to Discontinue Registration may be found at https://www.courts.state.co.us under the "Self Help" section.
- If you ever have any questions or problems, please call 303-795-3890 press option 1 and leave a message. Someone will get back to you.
Looking for sexual offender information?
Sexual Offender Tracking And Registration (SOTAR) is powered by Douglas County Sheriff's Office and is a comprehensive data base of registered sexual offenders in the metro area. Registration information for Littleton residents is automatically entered into this database.
Looking for information on how you can protect yourself or family members from persons who commit sexual assault?
Colorado Bureau of Investigations website has numerous resources and information on how you can protect yourself and those you love.